Palm Basket with Long Leather Straps
This rustic palm basket with long leather straps is perfect to take to the beach with you, filled with snacks, suncream and towels! Traditionally it is handcrafted with natural palm tree leaves in Andalusia, southern Spain. The leather straps give this rustic bag a special touch! You can also use it to display flowers, store your children's toys or fill with our products and give it as a present to your loved ones.
Here in Spain, braiding palm leaves is one of the most traditional and oldest trades in our culture, but it's getting harder finding artisans who still work with this material. They are able to create amazing baskets, animal heads, mats, bags... anything you can think of!
- These baskets have one handle that is slightly longer than the other, to make it more comfortable when you carry it and so it sits straight.
- The leather may vary. Some straps may be more rigid than others, due to the different parts of the leather pieces that are used. The colour of the handles may vary, some may be darker and some lighter (but they are always leather coloured)
- The basket bags are not tinted and chemically treated.
- Due to the techniques used to make these basket bags, there may be a small 'jump/ridge' around the rim, where the weaving of the bag finishes.
- Being a handmade product, measurements may vary. These measurements are approximate:
- Base size: 24 x 16 cm (the base is not totally flat)
- Rim size: 40 x 24 cm
- Height: 24 cm
- Length of handle: 33 cm
This product is not produced